Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Reviews Of 2017: Top 4 Picks
The law requires you to wear a helmet for your own protection when riding a motorcycle, but there is much more to a motorcycle helmet than impact protection. It is the one gear that makes high speed racing fun.
It helps resist buffeting when you hit high speeds, and keeps your eyes protected from excess UV light exposure. But what makes a motorcycle more resourceful is the integration of Bluetooth technology.
We will be going through the fundamental factors you need to consider for you to be able to buy the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet. We have also prepared a list of product reviews to help narrow down your search to the most recommended Bluetooth helmets.
Say bye to monotony on the road by wearing a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet. Choosing the best model doesn’t have to be a difficult proposition. Here are the major considerations you need to make:
Does the helmet meet the required safety standards?
Nowadays, there are many brands that develop motorcycle Bluetooth helmets. Therefore, the market is flooded with numerous models. The burning question is, “Do these helmets meet the required safety standards?”
To answer this question, you have to check under the product specifications to confirm if the designated helmet is DOT and ECE certified. Manufacturers who comply with DOT and ECE safety standards will indicate so under specifications of the helmet.
Bluetooth motorcycle helmets that comply with the required safety standards are promising. In actual fact, you will be confident that it can protect you against impact rotational and linear forces during a crash.
How efficient is the Bluetooth technology?
There are basically two types of Bluetooth motorcycle helmets. One that has a built-in Bluetooth technology, and one that has a Bluetooth device cutout, but you will be required to do the installation yourself.
The appropriate choice between the two depends entirely on your personal preference. But the more efficient is always the one with built-in Bluetooth. It is also less susceptible to fogging and the effects of strong winds.
The most popular Bluetooth technologies are 2.0 and 3.0. Consider a helmet with a wider Bluetooth coverage. The Bluetooth range will determine the number of riders that can be supported by the Bluetooth technology.
The wider the coverage area, the more riders you will be connected to. Bluetooth wireless connectivity allows you to respond to incoming calls, stream music from your mobile device, listen to GPS audio instructions, and so on.
What makes the helmet special?
The best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet should have quick-release, self-adjusting base plate system for modular flip up of the visor. A simple shield adjustment system makes visor change easy as conditions dictate.
You can choose to lock down the visor/shield for racing conditions or you can flip up the visor to allow for additional air flow. You are always advised to settle for a Bluetooth helmet with dual visors; a colorless visor and a tinted visor.
The tinted visor is convenient for UV light protection during the day, but you can always flip it up at night and use the main shield. Make sure the shield adjustment system closes perfectly every time you lower it from a flipped up position. This will ensure that air doesn’t penetrate to cause fogging during high speed racing.
The heart of any motorcycle helmet is its shell. The best shell design is one that incorporates the aerodynamic benefits of a spoiler into the shell of the helmet, while maintaining stable shell thickness. This ensures proper strength and weight.
A lightweight and aerodynamic shell design works to reduce lift during high speed riding, and resist buffeting in case of strong winds. Proper ventilation is another big concern when selecting a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet.
The best ventilation system should comprise of enough intakes and exhaust vents. For optimal cooling performance, the location of the exhaust vents should be much higher on the shell to allow maximum airflow for effective cooling.
Check to confirm if the helmet has removable and washable liner and cheek pads. This will make cleaning easier. The helmet’s materials and finishing should provide proper UV light protection, and they should be waterproof and fogproof.
Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Reviews
1. Bell Qualifier DLX Unisex-Adult Full Face Helmet w/ Bluetooth Headset
- DOT & ECE certified
- Bluetooth stereo headset (Card Scala Rider Q1/Q3)
- 6 shell sizes to choose from
- Lightweight polycarbonate shell
- Padded chin strap w/ D-ring closure
- Transition adaptive shield
- Click release
- NutraFog II superior anti-scratch, anti-fog, and UV shield
- Aerodynamic profile
- Removable and washable cheek pads
- Five-year warranty
The Bell Qualifier DLX is a highly rated full face motorcycle helmet. The fit of the helmet is intermediate oval, which is the most popular helmet design on today’s market. The manufacturer ensured that the helmet structure is very consistent for ease of use and comfort.
At first glance you will observe the remarkable vent system, and the exceptional aerodynamic profile. This profile is suitable because it lifts the incorporated speaker pockets and also prevents buffeting when riding against strong winds.
The low profile vents run backwards into a very nice, contoured spoiler that is built-in for exhaust, and will be free-flowing out of the back. The chin vent is integrated right at the front of the chin; you just have to flip it open for effective cooling.
The bestselling feature of this helmet is the speaker cutouts that can accommodate Bluetooth stereo headset (Card Scala Rider Q1/Q3). The Bluetooth headset has remarkable range that can reach up to one thousand one hundred yards in full duplex.
- The helmet meets DOT safety standards, meaning that it is capable of providing the required impact protection.
- It is compatible with Bluetooth stereo headset (Card Scala Rider Q1/Q3), which has incredible range and battery life of 10 to 12 hours.
- It features an aerodynamic profile and low-profile cooling system for resisting buffeting and effective cooling during a ride.
- The helmet is very ergonomic and user-friendly, fitted with click release mechanism and removable/washable interiors.
- It is susceptible to noise because of the speaker cutouts.
Bell is well-known for producing state-of-the-art Bluetooth motorcycle helmets, and they have proven their inventiveness in the Qualifier DLX.
2. FreedConn Full Face Helmet w/ Built-In Bluetooth
- DOT certified Bluetooth helmet
- Built-in Bluetooth intercom function
- Advanced ventilation system
- Integrated with EPS cushion layer
- Advanced noise control
- Removable/washable cheek pads and liner
- Weatherproof unibody design
- Built for security and convenience
The FreedConn Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is a high-quality, well-built Bluetooth enabled helmet designed precisely for security and convenience. This unique creation by FreedConn Motorcycle Helmets is DOT certified for guaranteed impact protection.
The helmet’s engineering includes a resourceful Bluetooth communication system for powerful group intercom when on the track with your buddies. Its Bluetooth coverage of up to 546 yards supports at most three riders, making this model ideal for team riding.
The wireless connectivity used is Bluetooth 3.0, which offers better performance when compared to Bluetooth 2.0. This wireless tech keeps you well-connected with the GPS system, music player, and your cell phone.
The helmet’s design is incorporated with dual visors for UV protection, and a rugged vent system. There are vents located on the rear and on the chin. Combined, the vents form a reliable airflow mechanism that keeps your head cool throughout the ride.
- The FreedConn is DOT certified; therefore, recommended for your security on the road.
- Its built-in Bluetooth 3.0 technology offers a range of up to 546 yards suitable for group intercom.
- The ABS lightweight helmet shell is integrated with an advanced ventilation system for effective cooling.
- It is a very user-friendly helmet that features removable and washable liner and cheek pads.
- The helmet unibody structure is UV light protected and waterproof for lasting consistency and durability.
- You are more likely to face issues if you buy a faulty product.
The FreedConn Bluetooth helmet is a reliable headgear for the money. However, you should make sure that the product you are buying is not faulty to avoid problems.
3. ILM Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip-Up Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
- DOT and ECE certified
- Bluetooth 2.0 technology
- Noise Suppression and DSP Echo Cancellation Technology
- Group intercom covers up to 1000 feet
- Two high-quality inbuilt speakers
- Sturdy, quality shell construction
- Sweptback shell profile
- Advanced vent system
- Dual visors
The ILM Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet features heavy-duty construction with a groovy outlook. Apart from the built-in Bluetooth system, this outstanding helmet comes with a lithium battery, USB charger, and manual for guiding you through its operation.
It is available in three sizes, including medium, large, and x-large; and three color options, including matte black, red, and white. ILM integrated the helmet with a high-quality finish that is suitable for UV light protection.
The design comprises of dual visors. The colorless visor is suitable for night use; while the tinted visor is effective for UV light protection during the day. The sweptback shell design and the dual visors resist buffeting when riding at high speed.
The most attractive feature of this helmet is the Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity. It has coverage of up to 1000 feet for effective and convenient group intercom communication. Wireless connectivity supports GPS navigation, audio, music streaming, and incoming phone call reception.
- The design is based on Noise Suppression and DSP Echo Cancellation Technology, ensuring high-quality sounds in high speed.
- ILM meets DOT and ECE safety standards, thus the helmet is capable of reliable impact protection.
- The Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity offers you up to 1000 feet of coverage and eight hours of talk time.
- It is highly user-friendly with One Touch Control for responding to incoming call, music streaming, and GPS navigation audio.
- It is not so convenient for extreme weather conditions.
Among the high-end motorcycle helmets, the ILM is competitively priced for budget conscious users. However, it is vulnerable when exposed to extreme weather conditions.
4. Torc T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet
- The helmet is DOT and ECE certified
- Bluetooth integrated helmet
- Inner liner is removable and machine washable
- SmoothLock drop down visor system
- Intermediate oval profile
- Dual density EPS
- Lightweight shell and break away spoiler
The Torc T14B Mako is another competitively priced and high performing motorcycle Bluetooth helmet. It features a lightweight and an aerodynamic profile that feels light and comfortable to wear. The sweptback profile is also suitable for resisting buffeting during high speeds.
Like most recommended motorcycle helmets, the Torc T14B Mako meets the safety standards of DOT and ECE. For that reason, it is one of the safest helmets to use, because it has reliable impact protection that will effectively handle linear and rotation impact forces.
It is integrated with Bluetooth 2.0 technology that is suitable for group communication, music streaming, and incoming call reception among other functionalities. The Bluetooth coverage is considerably wide for effective intercom communication.
As far as security and comfort are concerned, the Torc T14B offers the ideal performance. The intermediate oval profile is integrated with dual density EPS liner and a reliable cooling system for impact protection, consistency, and comfort.
- The Torc T14B is DOT and ECE certified; so, it offers reliable impact protection.
- It is installed with Bluetooth technology for group intercom and music streaming.
- The intermediate profile design is suitable for preventing buffeting during high speeds.
- It is fitted with removable & machine washable inner liner for easy cleaning and convenience.
- The helmet is competitively priced for budget-conscious motorcycle riders.
- No warranty information provided.
- Not so convenient for extreme weather conditions.
The Torc T14B is a very good product for its price. The integrated Bluetooth works just fine, but do not expect too much from this competitively priced helmet.
The best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is not only defined by the integrated Bluetooth technology, but also its performance features. The Bluetooth connectivity has to be great for effective group intercom, music streaming, and call answering.
However, the best model should also provide you with high-performing motorcycle helmet features for convenience and comfort. The recommended and reviewed products ought to help you make the most profound purchasing decision.