Best Scooter Helmet Reviews Of 2017: Ultimate Buying Guide
Scooter riders will probably not pass the chance of lobbying the law to let them keep the wind in their faces and hair. However, such are the perceptions of a scooter operator who has never really been in a serious accident.
Regardless of the weight and the padding added to your head, the best scooter helmet is a necessity. The most challenging attribute of most scooter helmets is the design. Most highly recommended models are available in open face construction.
In this brochure, we will unveil the features that define a high performing scooter helmet. We have reviewed four scooter helmets that come highly recommended by users for your personal preference and convenience.
Scooter helmets have been designed specifically to protect your skull when your undertakings take a wrong turn. This is made possible by the heavy-duty shell construction, and the impact absorbing EPS. Here are more buying tips for you.
Check for Minimum Safety Standard
A good scooter helmet must meet the minimum safety standard, which is generally the U.S. Department of Transportation. The idea of a scooter helmet is to protect your skull, and a DOT rate model will do just that.
As bad as it sounds, novelty helmets are part and parcel of today’s market. So, you have to look out for fake certification stickers. You should be able to easily single out a novelty helmet by checking the shell construction and interior cushioning.
Open Face/Three-Quarter and Full Face – Which One Is Better
Open face or three-quarter helmets are similar to half helmets, but they are incorporated with extras for covering your ears and the sides of your head. When compared to half helmets, open face scooter models offer more protection and comfort.
On the other hand, the full face scooter helmets offer complete protection of the head. However, they are not that popular as open face scooter helmets. In actual fact, the available models are normally multisport designs.
A Perfect Fit Is Necessary
The best scooter helmet is incorporated with heavy cushioning; an attribute that offers unmatched comfort, but can significantly interfere with the fit. To avoid such problems, you have to confirm the available sizes.
Do not estimate the size of your head. Just do yourself a favor and take appropriate measurements of your head. Use a tape measure to find the greatest circumference of your head, an inch above the eyebrow level.
Carefully look out the measurement from the sizing chart of the scooter helmet you are intending to buy. A good fit helmet is supposed to sit deep in your head for comfort and maximum protection during use.
What Are The Ergonomics of the Helmet?
Any high performing scooter helmet must have an ergonomic design and extras. Make sure the shell construction is sleek and durable to help reduce wind blows. The most hard-wearing and lightweight shell is made from thermoplastic alloy.
However, most scooter helmet shells are made from fiberglass material. Thermoplastic shells are typically cheaper compared to the pricey fiberglass shells. But fiberglass shells are more fragile and will rarely offer unmatched, repeated impact protection.
The face shield is a very important part of an open face scooter helmet. The best model ought to have a face shield with anti-scratch resistant and a wide field of view. Also, the chin strapping has to be excellent for achieving the perfect fit and maximum impact protection.
Best Scooter Helmet Reviews
1.HCI-15 Scooter Helmet
- Adjustable top vents
- Flow-through rear vents
- DOT certified
- Fiberglass shell
- Flip-up face shield
- Weighs seven pounds
- Available in striped colors, hibiscus pattern, solid colors and curvy stripes
- Available in various sizes ranging from extra small to extra-extra large
The HCI-15 is a stylish and colorful scooter helmet that is attractive to the eye. It offers you a wide range of matching colors to choose from. You have the choice to select a helmet that matches your personality. It only weighs seven pounds, meaning it is a lightweight headgear that is comfortable to wear.
Flip-up face shield allows you to do other activities, such as taking pictures or eating while still wearing the helmet. This feature also allows you to wear glasses without having to adjust when riding. The face shield protects the entire face from any external items including flying objects or road debris.
The adjustable top vents allow you to add more airflow circulation in the helmet. This keeps you dry and ventilated even in hot or foggy conditions. On the chin strap, the helmet features an elastic band that you can use to tuck the loose ends of the straps after tightening.
The fiberglass shield protects your head and jaw from impact in case of a crash by increasing the helmet’s impact resistance rate. Having met or exceeded the DOT standard, the helmet is definitely an ideal gear for protecting your head while riding.
- The adjustable top vents keep you ventilated throughout your ride by simply adjusting them to allow for effective airflow.
- In case of an accident or a crash, the helmet’s fiberglass shell protects you by increasing the impact resistance.
- For added protection the face shield ensures that you are free from any hazards that might distract you, such as flying objects.
- Allows you to engage in other activities, such as eating or taking photos without taking off the helmet, since the face shield come in a flip-up design.
- The helmet comes with limited color options for preference.
This good looking, open face scooter helmet offers you the best features at a very affordable price range.
2.Motorcycle Scooter Open Face COMINU067788 Helmet
- DOT certified
- Aerodynamic modern design
- Wide vision field
- Clear wind-shield
- Anti-scratch technology
- Comfortable, removable and washable padding
- Weighs four pounds
- Flip-up shield
- Advanced fiberglass shell
- Available in medium, large, extra-large and extra-extra-large sizes
The helmet’s aerodynamic modern design offers whisper free operation by reducing noise even at 60mph. Having exceeded the DOT standard, the helmet reassures your safety when riding. It offers a great fit on any rider, and with its quick release-fastener, it is easy to remove it.
It features comfortable inner padding and cheek pads that are removable and washable. This allows you to customize the helmet as you like. Keeping the helmet’s interior clean is an easy task with its removable paddings; you can be able to wash them anytime.
The helmet offers you better impact resistance, due to its advanced fiberglass shell, keeping you safe in case of any accident. The open face shield provides you with a clear view of the field. The flip-up face shield allows you to cover your face for better protection against flying objects.
The shield also allows you to keep the helmet on and still do other activities, such as drinking, eating or taking photos. It is available in various head sizes, making it available to numerous individuals with different head sizes. For added comfort the helmet is lightweight, making sure that you do not experience any extra weight.
- The anti-scratch technology ensures that the helmet’s face shield lasts for a long period of time.
- The clear windshield and wide vision field shield provide a clear view of the area when riding.
- Exceeding the DOT standards makes it an ideal gear because it has the required features to keep you safe.
- There is less noise, even at 60mph, allowing you to stay focused with no disturbances while riding.
- The removable and washable padding allows you to keep your gear clean and free from dirt comfort and convenience.
- The flip-up shield allows you to do other activities and also protect your face from external hazards.
- Does not feature a chin strap buckle for fastening
The helmet meets the required minimum standard regardless of not featuring a chin strap buckle. It is an ideal gear for individuals with a tight budget.
3.CRG Sports ATV Motocross Motorcycle Scooter Full-Face Helmet
- DOT certified
- Removable and washable COOLMAX comfort liner
- Transparent color PC shield
- Scratch resistant design
- Advanced fiberglass reinforced plastic shell
- Available in extra small, small, medium, extra-large, extra-extra-large, and large sizes
- Available in blue, white and black colors
- Full-face helmet design
The CRG sports ATV helmet is a lightweight gear that comes in a full-face design. When put on, you will not experience any added weight because the gear is lightweight and comfortable. The full-face style ensures that all parts of the face, including the jaw are protected.
Covering your entire face ensures that you are free from harmful external elements, such as flying objects and dust. Its advanced fiberglass reinforced plastic shell is strong and increases impact resistance, even though it is fragile compared to a thermoplastic shell.
The gear is also DOT approved; therefore, you wear it with confidence knowing that it will protect you. It features a COOLMAX comfort liner that is removable and washable, making cleaning and maintenance easy.
Its transparent PC shield offers you a clear view of the field when riding. The shield being scratch resistant makes it a durable gear with long-lasting durability.
- It comes in different colors and sizes; you only need to choose depending on your preference.
- The helmet is DOT certified, this makes it safe to use for effective protection.
- The liner is removable and washable, allowing you to maintain cleanliness of the helmet.
- The helmet is scratch resistant, thus suitable for rough conditions.
- The full face design protects you from impact and external objects.
- The helmet is available in limited color options.
This DOT certified helmet is well-engineered for multisport events, including scooter, motorcycling, motocross, and ATV for an affordable price.
4.Motorcycle Street Bike Scooter Open Face ¾ Adult Helmet
- DOT certified open face/ 3/4 helmet
- Aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy shell construction
- Removable and washable padding
- Gloss UV protected finish
- Wide and swept-forward face shield
- Heavily cushioned & comfortable interior liner
- Available in six distinct color options
Scooters are inherently unstable; so, the Motorcycle Street Bike Scooter helmet will certainly offer you the much needed protection, just in case the unstable nature of your scooter leads you into unexpected crash.
The helmet is incorporated with an aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy shell construction, which presents less degradation and better impact performance. As a rule, the thermoplastic shell is lightweight and durable.
This scooter open face design features heavily cushioned, comfortable, removable, and washable interiors. The padding is very comfortable to the touch and is thick enough to provide you with the ideal fit without any problems.
However, the heavy cushioning requires you to be careful with the sizing. You have to settle for the ideal size depending on the available sizing chart. This way, you will avoid size options that run small on your head, and may require replacement.
One of the noticeable features of the helmet is the clear, sleek face shield. It does a good job of protecting your entire face from UV light exposure and direct wind blows. The ergonomic lock mechanism allows for easy flip up/down of the face shield for convenience.
In addition to the open face design, the helmet is integrated with air vents located at the top. However, the vents are not as effective as you would imagine. Another unique feature is the glossy UV protected finish that keeps your head well-guarded from direct UV exposure.
- It is a reliable DOT rated open face/3/4 helmet.
- The aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy shell is lightweight and durable.
- The massive face shield is super clear and hooks safely during use.
- The heavily cushioned interiors offer an ideal fit and comfort.
- The interiors are removable and washable for comfort and durability.
- It is available in six different color options for preference.
- The incorporated air vents don’t do much as far as ventilation is concerned.
This is the ideal scooter helmet for the price. Its performance is unmatched as far as open face helmets are concerned. And you can surely overlook the minor design flaws.
The Wrap Up
Choosing the best scooter helmet is all about personal preference, once you have confirmed the perfect size. The biggest challenge is with choosing between a full face and open face scooter helmet. The reviewed products should offer you the perfect solution.